Friday 22 September
Over 400 children from local schools will be enjoying learning all about fossils, palaeontology and geology throughout the day.
We are offering a full day of educational programmes for schools on Friday 22 September. Students can enjoy a range of fun and engaging activities all linked to the national curriculum.
Here’s a slice of what’s in store:
- Storytelling and interactive displays
- Natural History Museum stall
- Soapbox Science; why get passionate about science?
- Fossil handling, Dino Walks and Rockpooling sessions
- National curriculum links: Science, Geography, Citizenship, English, Maths at all key stages.
We make the education day format simple so you have full access to our exhibitors and get the most out of the Festival.
- 9:45am start
- Each school will have 20 minutes with each exhibitor to handle objects, ask questions and learn about their field
- Opportunity to have access to university department staff working in the field of geology and earth sciences
Get in touch with our education team to find out more and to book.
Please contact our Learning Officer by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 01723 384511